1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DEFCON ALPHA TEST THREAD

Discussion in 'Game Discussions' started by nDvna, Jan 2, 2017.

1. nDvna

nDvna New Member

Server IGN's: Race
    nirQ:

I like the features of the 2nd server you just announced specially the costume part, being able to edit what your character look like is fun specially some high level armors looks bad, it is also one of the key features of some new MMO games nowadays. Tho im not sure if Im in favor of this system because you mentioned that they give small bonus stats, does that mean there better "costumes" to maximize this small "bonus stats" or all costume give the same amount. New items, new traders, new drops and new combos, they are always welcome but it seems like you are aiming to overhaul the whole mechanics of the game to a point where you are most likely making a new game, I wonder how are you going to work around with the balancing introducing all these changes. Balancing takes alot of time, I know you know this, what will happen to the current servers?

And for the main issue, adding another server would give a big impact to the existing server with this 100-300 player server. I used to play in a private server with 1000+ players, they did the same thing adding a 2nd server (lower rate than the first one) at first people liked it because it was a fresh start, but the population was split. Dev team was also split since they are running 2 servers that need maintenance. Population depleted because player got bored on either servers because of the population issue. Time flies they end up merging since both servers lost their peak population but most players already left. I am talking about a server that stood for more than 5 years steadily until they introduce 2nd server, playcrush is fresh not even a year old yet. Your server is successful at its current state because of its good population, a lot of servers die because nobody wants to play in a low populated server. This is a Pvp focus game, low pop = no pvp = people leave = ghost town = new comers will not stay = dead server.

I am new to this server and also liking how you run the current server. I think focusing your development time in the current server would be better. Your players are happy of what they have right now adding more would be fantastic. Those are my thoughts about your 2nd server would gladly hear your point of view regarding what I just said.

Link to announcement: https://playcrush.net/threads/announcement-for-new-year-2017.3283/#post-19767

alswill likes this.
  2. Martin

Martin Administrator Staff Member

fvf:
    dvdd:

First of all I want to admit, that new server will be opened in alpfa test mode. It means, that there will be no donate and it will be opened for a limited time. We need this to test new engine and new game.

Second: in every game we have players, who like pvp server and lowrate servers, so we will always have online. I don't know about servers that you told, but maybe they make very simple mistake - open new same server (for example second pvp server). Then I can understand why online was splitted.

About costume bonuses: higher costume part price - higher bonuses. But they higher is from 1% to 2% =) So it is not so big as you can think.

But lets return to defcon server. As I told we leave all old items from 2232, but in 2232 player can use it with level step equal 5(on level 30, then 35, then 40 and so on). In new server we add more items, so player can get items on every level and parameters of this new items are based on parameters of old items. That is how we will control balance.
    Also defcon client have new engine, that fix many lag reason on CW time, when you see many players in view range. Also it have better textures for items and mobs.
    The mechanics of the game still the same. It was just a little improved with new features.

CrushEyes likes this.
  3. nDvna

nDvna New Member

nirQ:

I am not saying that you will be merging them later on, this server I mention have a good population but they introduce a 2nd server, both servers population depleted and merge them. But even merging these 2 servers people already left. so basically what I mean by that adding a 2nd server could impact your current servers population which can lead to losing more players.

Yes, I know its your team. Adding a different game is different from adding 2nd server. Its a suggestion from me, who experienced a bad failure of a server which was very successful in its prime that did the same thing, adding a 2nd server.

You said that
    so does that mean current server cant have the same features?

4. Martin

fvf:
    dvdd:

Maybe (just maybe) we will make identical pvp server on defcon engine (if it will be successul) and transfer there all players with their items.
    But before this we need to make very many tests, so it could be not soon.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2017
    alswill likes this.
  5. CrushEyes

CrushEyes Concept Developer Staff Member

PlayCrush PVP RF 1.5 DefCon :D

6. nDvna

nDvna New Member

nirQ:

I dont mind changes but having 2 servers, I assure you, you will encounter issues. Your Dev team , Mods or who ever is running this project can do it. But population issues is huge in a Pvp game keep that in mind.

If you are really planning to do this
    what you said is the best solution in 1 server.

alswill likes this.
  7. Martin

fvf:
    dvdd:

We will have 2 different servers. One is PvP (current) with very high rates and anther is lowrate with rates x1. Players, who like pvp will not go on lowrate, because it not for fast levelup and players, who like lowrate, don't go on PvP server, because they like slow game with farming and levelup in party.
    Now we have only players who like PvP and we want to have players, who like RPG (lowrate).

8. nDvna

nDvna New Member

nirQ:

did my homework(research) after a friend told me what defcon is. I misunderstood what were you planning. I thought you made an "edited" server out of old RF but with so much editing you will not be able to merge them or something.

I saw what defcon is, tbh im pretty hype about it right now. Tho doesnt change the fact that population issue will come but im hoping you can work this out

This is what I was talking about, the division of player pop.

9. CrushEyes

DEFCON is just an alpha test if no more bugs and its good we can make playcrush pvp a DEFCON too like Sir Martin said "Maybe (just maybe) we will make identical pvp server on defcon engine (if it will be successul) and transfer there all players with their items."

10. nDvna

nDvna New Member

nirQ:

I think its good to let players know in-game about this thread so they can voice out and see what you are telling me. they might also see a different perspective regarding this 2nd server/changes you are going to make.

I dont mind whatever change/update/add you do as we get to keep the quality of pvp we have now .

11. skeptic

skeptic New Member

Ve:
    Debauchery:

I hope the alpha test turns out to be good. And if it's true, the lag when having players get in-range will be gone (migrate to new engine). The old engine sucks and is not optimized at all. You can have a really nice gaming rig but still lag horribly because of compatibility issues. Lol.

It's a ballsy move, the new server. But I do hope it's just an alpha to test out the new engine.

12. CrushEyes

that's why we want players to test DEFCON alpha test low rate but QQer & negative players misunderstand our plans
    if this alpha test succeed we can change playcrush pvp in to playcrush pvp defcon in a new engine so RF PC players will be having a new world and new gaming experience using RF DEFCON. to be followed RF Defcon low rate.

jinfreak likes this.
  13. CrushEyes

Please tell players to stop negative thinking about our plans.
    we want playcrush players to experience DEFCON and we must have our DEFCON engine because many RF server is copying old RF to other DEV and the files are saturated.

I hope RF Defcon Alpha Test low rate succeed so we can have our own RF Defcon playcrush pvp..

jinfreak likes this.
  14. jinfreak

jinfreak New Member

Zesca:
    AutoSupply:
    BotSupply:

i like the new concept of the RF Defcon server, hope this project succeed so maybe in the future we can transfer the PC players to the new server (including items, level of toon?) coz i dont have time leveling up so slow and i dont like it much too..

15. CrushEyes

transferring is possible but we need more time to do this
    for now lets test the defcon low rate we need to check if our defcon is already fixed, then proceed to 2nd step which is transferring playcrush in to DEFCON.

jinfreak likes this.
  16. kemz

kemz Member

HUG30TEN:
    Heyman:
    SUCKMYDIIIIIIICK:

can you make the rates high? so that we can explore or use items right away. since this is just a test, we just want to experience everything inside DEFCON version.

17. CrushEyes

@Martin

18. Valyrian

Valyrian New Member

ValarDohaeris:
    Unsullied:
    TorgoNudho:

I like the idea that you are trying to improve RF with a better engine and providing the game with fresh things that will keep the players busy. But just like the TS I'm also concerned about the population if we are going to have 2 servers at the same time, I came from a server that collapsed after implementing changes that the players didn't find advantageous or worth their time, they also launched a low rate server because "players like a low rate server" but to be honest who would really want to grind and farm for months just to get the end game items so you could enjoy the PVP, this is just my opinion players farm and hunt because this is the only way they could the items for FREE...

So this is my question if we really need to test the new engine for bugs and improvements why not just make it very high rate server, give free gps for testers during the test period and wipe them out after the test but rewards will be given to those who will spend time and (money) to test the new engine just like what the other games did for example ( World of Tanks )

PS: I'm not against the planned changes just concerned about the POP as well

19. CrushEyes

why aware of pop? in RF we have 2 types of players hardcore and high rate lover,
    please read back again what i said and sir martin. our plan is to test first defcon and if test succeed we will transfer all playcrush in to a new game engine which is DEFCON and Up a Low rate also for hardcore players.
    pop is normally decreasing if all players are bored and with full items that's how PVP high rate server works.

20. CrushEyes

PLANS made for good not for BAD
    we want to dominate the RF players in this new Gaming experience OLD RF 2.2.3.2 is SATURATED and many RF 2.2.3.2 up every month.
    i hope we can test it soon and make playcrush defcon PVP and Original Rates.

jinfreak likes this.